Haiti Foundation of Hope
Rural areas in Haiti are without primary healthcare, leaving more than 162,000 who fled their homes after the earthquake to fend for themselves. Out of every 100,000 people in Haiti, there are only 25 doctors and 11 nurses. 76% of all births are unattended by a professional (UNICEF 2009).
- Improve access to and utilization of maternal health services for pregnant women and mothers.
- Improve nutritional status of children under the age of 5.
- Provide community health care training and workers
- Provide community health care workers
- Hold community health training
- Safe Motherhood: neo- and pre-natal training and care