Haiti Foundation of Hope
Terre Blanche is a remote underserved rural area of northern Haiti adversely affected by poverty, disasters, malnutrition, infectious diseases, and maternal deaths. There’s little access to health care. In the six villages reached in this project, 45 community health volunteers have stepped forward to serve their neighbors’ health needs.
- Provide access to maternal health services for pregnant women and mothers.
- Improve nutritional status of children under the age of 5.
- Prevent and treat pneumonia in children.
- Prevent and cure tuberculosis.
- Stop the transmission of HIV from mothers to children.
- Provide community health care training and workers.
- Provide community health care managers.
- Provide Community Health Training for volunteers.
- Support Community Health Workers to diagnose malnutrition, pneumonia and tuberculosis.
- Safe Motherhood: neo- and pre-natal training and care.