Haiti Advantage Program
The Haitian government estimates that 6,000 to 8,000 persons lost digits or limbs from the earthquake. In a developing country like Haiti, 82% of people with disabilities live on less than $1.25 a day. They face great challenges in getting adequate healthcare.
- Increase the physical, emotional and economic capacity of those with disabilities.
- Provide prostheses, treatments, and therapies as indicated.
- Advocate alongside persons with disability to reduce persecution and increase knowledge regarding abilities and legal rights of persons with disability.
- Improve handicap access to Les Cayes facility
- Provide lower limb prostheses
- Provide club foot corrections
- Physical rehab treatments for people with disabilities
- Training scholarships for people with disabilities
- Psycho-social support for people with disabilities