Uzbekistan Quality Medical Services Project
Uzbekistan has a population of more than 9 million women at risk of developing cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is the second leading cause of cancer-related death among women in the world. Each year in Uzbekistan roughly 1,150 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer and 380 die from the disease. Only 7 % seek help in the early, treatable stages.
- Focus on Cervical Cancer education and improve HPV virus screenings.
- Monitor the administration of 8,000 HPV vaccines to girls and young women, and give cervical cancer screenings to 25,000 women.
- Software development and training for 4 medical centers.
- Transition to local leadership and capacity.
- Testing and inoculation
- Master physician training
- Reduce waiting lists through implementing best practicies for managing patient data
- Improve quality of medical services
- Ministry of Health
- Republican Science Center for OB/GYN
- Tashkent Centre of Women's Wellness