You are critical to our ability to provide high-impact disaster relief and rehabilitation. Join our team!
We need skilled and prepared medical volunteers who are ready for action the minute a crisis happens.
Therefore, at the time of a disaster, we only select volunteers for disaster response teams from those who are already on our roster. Using our roster helps us to be one of the first agencies on the scene, providing immediate care.
Disaster Response Volunteer Roster Requirements:
- You must have current certification or license as a:
- Doctor (MD, DO) comfortable serving as an internist or generalist
- Physician Assistant, Certified (PA-C)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP, ANP, FNP, PNP)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
Have ample, previous medical experience in developing-nations.
- Be physically fit, enough to engage in hiking, lifting and enduring extreme temperatures.
- Be able to work and live without amenities.
- Be able to work long hours in unpredictable and often rough conditions.
Be flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Have current immunizations, including Hepatitis A & B and yellow fever.
- Be able to be gone for three or four weeks at a time.
Highest priority is given to those who have:
- The ability to leave at short notice.
- Prior experience with Medical Teams International.
- Previous disaster response experience.
- ER, trauma, family and general practice or pediatrics experience.
- ICU or CCU experience.
Learn more about How to Volunteer on our Disaster Response Ready Roster.