About the Tigard Exhibit
Visitors step into eight places where the volunteers of Medical Teams International serve with our local in-country partners:
|Holiday Closures: The REAL. LIFE. Exhibit (Tigard, OR) will be closed to public tours from December 18th - January 5th. Happy holidays! |
- A medical triage clinic after Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
- A room with a 25-foot tsunami wave, along with stories and drawings made by children who survived the tsunami.
- A Ugandan camp for people displaced by a terrorist group that abducts children and forces them into their “army.”
- A Haitian earthquake site and a tent camp where homeless Haitians are living.
- A Mozambiquan village compound where HIV and AIDS have ravaged the community.
- A Mexico garbage dump, where people live and scavenge for their livelihood.
- A Guatemalan community where children die from easily preventable illnesses.
- A burn unit in a Moldovan children’s hospital.
Portland REAL. LIFE. Exhibit visitors experience not only the real need but also the REAL. HOPE. that Medical Teams International provides. They see the “before” and “after” scenes of places that have been transformed by the volunteers of Medical Teams International.