Module II: Volunteer roles, responsibilities and relationships
An emphasis on longer term development in our program strategy makes serving local partners and field offices as well as supporting their initiatives of greater importance than ever before.
International volunteers are integral to this strategy. Module II will help volunteers to understand inter-organizational arrangements and leadership structures that they will be serving under.
Additionally, volunteers usually travel and work in teams. This module helps pave the way for that experience and enables volunteers to work more effectively with their team to benefit those they serve.
After completing this module, you will be aware of:
- The role of volunteers and teams within Medical Teams International
- Key policies and responsibilities of our volunteers
- How Medical Teams International selects and works with partners
- Common issues and problems teams face
Basic strategies for resolving team problems
Key factors in a team's success
In this section, you'll be asked to:
- Read several items of information
Reflect on various issues
Work on short case studies
Respond to several questions
- Watch short videos
- Evaluate your learning