Join the Guatemala Champions!
What is a Guatemala Champion?
Any individual committing to $1,000 or more a year who would like to see their gift combined with others in order to fund an entire community and achieve great impact.
The people of Guatemala are faced with the following health issues:
- Nearly one in five children die from respiratory infections.
- Alarmingly high infant and maternal mortality rates.
- Highest rate of malnutrition in children under 5 in the Western Hemisphere.
- Less than ½ of rural residents have access to running water.
- Less than 10% have modern sanitary facilities.
What is the focus of Medical Teams International for Guatemala?
- Reduce the incidence of diarrhea, malnutrition and acute respiratory infections in children.
- Improve maternal health.
For this program, Medical Teams International will send teams and medical supplies to accomplish the following:
- Install latrines, indoor cook stoves, water systems, micro-watershed restoration projects.
- Provide health training in hygiene, nutrition, family planning, sanitation and treatment of basic illnesses.
- Engage in agricultural and family gardening projects.
- Help establish community pharmacies.
- Treat malnourished children through nutrition counseling and growth monitoring.
- Train church leaders to care for the needs in their community.
- Educate pregnant women and community birth attendants.
- Medical Teams International is working in 22 rural villages in the mountains near Coban.
- $20,000 funds an entire program in one village for a year over a 3 year cycle.
- 20 champions donating $83.33 per month can fund an entire $20,000 program.
- YOU can contribute to the health and life of an entire community!
Connect with us on Facebook
See the latest news and photos from us and fellow Guatemala Champions on our Facebook page.
We invite you to be a Guatemala Champion through your donation today. Thank you!